Sunday, October 23, 2022

Roon vs audirvana vs jriver free.Audible difference in players? (Audirvana, JRiver, Roon, MusicBee, etc.)

Looking for:

Roon, Audirvana, Jriver, Plex, etc What Do I Choose? | Steve Hoffman Music Forums. 













































   

 

Roon vs audirvana vs jriver free



 

In the future, I may also stream ripped cds on very rare occasion from a connected hard drive, as well as any hi res audio files I may purchase. However, Maybe, just maybe adding Quboz or Amazon in the future I have no plans to have a separate server etc in the short term, …but may do so in the future. I cannot understand what, if anything, Audirvana or Roon and the like would bring to.

Perhaps better MQA unpacking? Slicker interface? Better sound quality? LOG IN. I would greatly appreciate you all's thoughts on this! Thank you very much. Edit Delete. Are you people aware that the most well known music artists make only a few hundred dollars a year on their music being streamed by Tidal, Spotify and others? Thats right, only a few hundred. Knowing this, I will never stream. Because of this, many good musicians are calling it quits.

I always purchase the physical media so as to give the artist a little extra. So all of you who are streaming music for a small pittance are actually harming the musicians you love so much. Think about it. Roon has a great music discovery algorithm, streams and DSP based equalization, multi device synchronization, etc. It lets you treat your ripped music and Tidal together as one giant virtual library. I use Tidal on my phone, and Roon when I'm home. I can not speak to the Apple products but I stream Qobuz, via Audirvana from a dedicated lenovo laptop.

The software assumes control of the digital sound path, bypasses the laptops resident mixers, becomes the only thing using the Wasapi driver and ensures end to end bit perfect processing before sending to my DAC. It is a little different with Mac OS. While I am not a huge fan of the interface limitations, I care about the quality more and for that reason, for me, Audirvana is necessary. I had Tidal HiFi on a laptop, and it was great for finding new music.

The SQ was not as good as CD and far below good vinyl. Was this because I wasn't using a separate DAC? Here is a deep-dive into payouts by streaming services.

Night and Day. My point exactly. Unless you have a driver. Stand alone streamer sounds better than audiovarna on a computer. Use the computer to discover music. Refraining from streaming does nothing for musicians. Hit the tip jar - good karma. The record companies screwed them back in the day. Nothing has changed. As a dieta gard roon user Roon can offer upconversion of tidals 16 44 to highres pcm or dsd and many dacs sound better this way.

IMO, Roon is overrated. Roon or Audirvana were developed to overcome the inherent flaws of streaming audio from all purpose computers, like your MACBook. Also the Roon interface is for me great, the product is not perfect, but for me it is very close and is being improved all the time.

I like it. I think some who dislike Roon resent having to pay for the service although it costs next to nothing. Hi Bogbeat, There are two good reasons why you will want to consider streaming Tidal via Audirvana: a Tidal as of now does not provide a mobile app to allow remote control of your MPro-installed instance of Tidal. Audirvana does, and its interface for Tidal is different but very useable.

I am running from a PC, but the difference here is mind-bending. I cannot speak to Roon, etc. Good luck. Thanks everyone. Hi Sandstone! FYI, I am currently evaluating Audirvana with their trial. I haven't gotten around to trying the mobile app yet, but sounds like you have it rocking!

Re b : no, the DAC is not unpacking downstream, so to your point, it needs to happen in the Macbook Pro. I was wondering what did this better, the Tidal app or Audirvana. Thanks for sorting that out for me. If you need frustration try roon. Lost connections randomly throughout the night. Look at the forum for many examples. You can arrange playlists, sort many different ways, and organize your library. I just started ripping all my CDs to the server.

I use an Amazon Kindle 10" tablet as my "remote". Wyred4Sound makes a nice one, as does Innuos. You can have multiple zones in other rooms and stream to those using your server.

Music throughout the house! You can do a day trial, and run the core from a computer on your network to get started, and use the desktop app to control. They have just updated Roon to v1. Some are having glitches but Roon will sort those out quickly.

They have an awesome development team, and really care about their product. Ignore the naysayers. The musicians you speak of who are making pennies on a dollar for their music have a "choice" of whether to have their material on Tidal at all in the first place. So begrudging a streaming service for their contractual deals with artists is silly. As they don't have to be part of it if they choose not to.

Dug up this old thread. Did side by side comparison with Audirvana playing the same high res tracks. There is no comparison, Audirvana player of same song has much more detail, Shimmer on all of the high notes, and even more reveal of his fingers sliding on the frets.

Harlem is a good one to tell all the differences. Audirvana removes a "veil" that exists and I suspect the same reason I like this clarity better than with the Roon test of same. Hi phcollie, I tried to like Audirvana. I downloaded the latest demo Mac and it was a frequent source of random noise, distortion and hiss.

It didn't matter if I was streaming Tidal or Qobuz through it. Same result. Damien had me send him logs, etc. But no solution for me. So far I am happy. I understand I have the legacy 3. On a Mac, that version functions differently as I recall but can not remember the details. The older macs had a usb conflict and some issues with "integer mode". Works flawlessly on Windows 10 64bit. The old website detailed some of this but not the new studio site they have up.

Not being judgmental at all but Apple can just be a general pain in the ass. Some guys had great luck with the post Macbooks but it still had to fudge the stream a bit compared to the absolute bit perfect with the Windows boxes.

Log in to respond. Ayon Audio SIIxs. What do you mean by "driver?

 


Roon or Audirvana and why - Software - The HEADPHONE Community -



 

LOG IN. This question is based just on sound alone. Wanting folks thoughts and opinions on which of these two softwares sound better? Edit Delete. I have a feeling that to get the best sonic results with Roon you need a player with a heck of a lot of firepower, or perhaps one of their own hardware players. I am new to Roon. It basically is a remote control. One that works very well with smartphones and pads. Streamlines everything. The quality of sound comes from the dac, recording and a properly set up dedicated music server.

Not Roon. I am adjusting well. It does make life easier. So far. I immediately stopped my Roon free trial when I discovered their well known group playback clock sync issues with Bluesound. They advertise it as a feature which I would have liked but it's unresolved even on the latest build. Perhaps soon this will be resolved and I may try again. They were nice about it at Roon, completely admitting the issue, and offered to restore my free trial once they fix it. Log in to respond.

McIntosh MCD Rega Apollo.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Microsoft teams in virtual environment. Use Microsoft Teams on Azure Virtual Desktop

Looking for: Virtual Meeting Backgrounds and Background Blur | Teams.Running Microsoft Teams in a Virtual Environment - Perficient Blogs ...